Ann R. Starcher is a member and her practice is focused on commercial transactions, with an emphasis on coal.
Admissions: Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia, U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Northern Districts of West Virginia, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
Education: Queens College, Bachelor of Arts (1979), West Virginia University College of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence (1994).
Before becoming a lawyer, Ms. Starcher was a vice president of Citicorp, Inc. concentrating in corporate finance for highly leveraged transactions. After law school, she served as clerk to the Honorable Ronald G. Pearson, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
She is a member of the John C. Fields, Jr. Chapter of the American Inns of Court, Energy Mineral Law Foundation, American Bar Association, West Virginia State Bar Association and an associate member of the West Virginia Coal Association.
Ms. Starcher has managed the following recent transactions:
- Acquisition of coal reserves in excess of 130 million tons.
- Acquisition of $30 million in assets of a defunct energy company.
- Acquisition of companies with annual production of more than 20 million tons of coal.
- Merger of a privately held coal company with a publically traded coal company of more than $700 million.
- Establishment of a term and working capital facilities of $450 million for an energy production company, $200 million for the acquisition of energy production assets, $60 million credit facility for capital expenditures in the energy industry; and $50 million working capital credit facility for an energy services company.