Ann Starcher is a member of Lewis Glasser, and her practice is focused on commercial transactions, including acquisitions, mergers, and financing, with an emphasis on natural gas and coal.
Before becoming a lawyer, Ms. Starcher was a vice president of Citicorp, Inc. concentrating in corporate finance for highly leveraged transactions. After law school, she served as clerk to The Honorable Ronald G. Pearson, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of West Virginia.
She is a member of the John C. Fields, Jr. Chapter of the American Inns of Court, Energy Mineral Law Foundation, American Bar Association, West Virginia State Bar Association and an associate member of the West Virginia Coal Association, and was elected to serve on the Board of Governors of the West Virginia State Bar Association in 2014.
Ms. Starcher has provided counsel for the following:
- Acquisition of coal and oil and gas reserves throughout the State of West Virginia for investors, operators and producers.
- Acquisition of various assets from corporate bankruptcy debtors for sophisticated purchasers.
- Financing transactions totaling in excess of $1 billion for a multitude of corporate entities representing both lenders and borrowers.
- Mergers of entities in the energy sector.
- General corporate matters and contractual matters.
She is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia, U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Northern Districts of West Virginia, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
Ms. Starcher is a Bachelor of Arts graduate from Queens College and was awarded her Doctor of Jurisprudence from the West Virginia University College of Law.