Valerie Harris Raupp is an associate and her practice focuses on litigation, with an emphasis on employment law and commercial litigation. Ms. Raupp was a law clerk for the United States Department of Labor, Office of Administrative Law Judges, and has practiced in state and federal courts in Mississippi, Virginia, and West Virginia.
Ms. Raupp has been involved in the following recent cases:
- Arbitration involving the lease and sale of coal and coal reserves
- Federal court litigation involving breach of contract and construction issues
- Regulatory proceedings to secure drilling permits for natural gas companies
- Defending cases before the West Virginia Human Rights Commission and the West Virginia Workers’ Compensation Office of Judges
- Drafting employee handbooks
- Petition for removal of a municipal officer
- State court litigation involving breach of contract and environmental issues
Ms. Raupp received her Bachelor of Arts from Washington and Lee University and a J.D. from the College of William and Mary School of Law.
She is an active member of the Virginia and West Virginia State Bars, and an inactive member of the Mississippi State Bar.