Steve Luby is a member of the firm, and his practice focuses on tax planning,
business organizations, estate planning, commercial transactions, and public finance.
Mr. Luby is listed in Best Lawyers in America.
His experience includes:
- Tax planning for closely held businesses, including Subchapter S taxation issues
and partnership taxation issues;
- The joint venture financing, sales or purchase of various closely held
businesses, including the formation of a joint venture manufacturing facility in
- As general corporate counsel to various closely held business, including a
multi-specialty surgical hospital and a manufacturing company;
- As developer’s counsel concerning various tax increment financing of public
infrastructure for two large real estate developments, including the tax increment
financing of $30 million of public infrastructure for a 1600 acre multi-use real
estate development whose private investment is expected to be in excess of $1 billion
over a 25-year period; and
- Estate planning, business succession planning and asset protection planning for
various high net worth clients, including several families whose net worth exceeds
$20 million-$50 million and exceeds $150 million in the aggregate and also the
implementation of several foreign asset protection plan structures.
Mr. Luby earned his B.A. from Wheeling Jesuit College in 1977 and a J.D. from West
Virginia University in 1980. Luby has been a Certified Public Accountant since 1980.
Mr. Luby is licensed in the states of West Virginia and Ohio.