Steve Luby is a member of the firm, and his practice focuses on tax planning, business organizations, estate planning, commercial transactions, and public finance. Mr. Luby is listed in Best Lawyers in America.
His experience includes:
- Tax planning for closely held businesses, including Subchapter S taxation issues and partnership taxation issues;
- The joint venture financing, sales or purchase of various closely held businesses, including the formation of a joint venture manufacturing facility in Missouri;
- As general corporate counsel to various closely held business, including a multi-specialty surgical hospital and a manufacturing company;
- As developer’s counsel concerning various tax increment financing of public infrastructure for two large real estate developments, including the tax increment financing of $30 million of public infrastructure for a 1600 acre multi-use real estate development whose private investment is expected to be in excess of $1 billion over a 25-year period; and
- Estate planning, business succession planning and asset protection planning for various high net worth clients, including several families whose net worth exceeds $20 million-$50 million and exceeds $150 million in the aggregate and also the implementation of several foreign asset protection plan structures.
Mr. Luby earned his B.A. from Wheeling Jesuit College in 1977 and a J.D. from West Virginia University in 1980. Luby has been a Certified Public Accountant since 1980. Mr. Luby is licensed in the states of West Virginia and Ohio.