Martin J. Glasser is a member of the firm and his practice focuses on business and commercial matters including energy and utility companies, commercial real property developers and the general representation of businesses.
- West Virginia University, Bachelor of Arts, 1966;
- West Virginia University College of Law, 1969, Order of Coif and Associate Editor of Law Review;
- Harvard University, Masters of Law (L.L.M.), 1970.
He is listed in Best Lawyers in America® for commercial transactions and is a member of the Board of Directors of the West Virginia Board of Treasury Investments and Kanawha Hospice Care.
Mr. Glasser has always handled a diversity of clients and matters. For example, he has represented
- Parties in the acquisition and sale of mineral reserves, operating coal companies, gas producing companies and gas distribution companies.
- A leading West Virginia coal company in three transactions including complex multi-party swaps embracing 35,000 acres.
- A publicly held company in its acquisition of West Virginia landfills and waste-hauling companies and its applications before the Public Service Commission of West Virginia for regulatory approvals.
- A group in forming a business which secured government contracts, then serving as corporate counsel as the company grew nationally to over 7,000 employees and five hundred million dollars in sales.
- National real property developers in all aspects of commercial development, including title, site acquisition, contract development and environmental, land use and construction permits.
- Southern electric utility in the negotiation and purchase of coal supplies, delivery contracts and synthetic fuel plant operations.
- A publicly held company in a multi-million-dollar tax dispute with the State of West Virginia.
Mr. Glasser is admitted to practice before all Federal and state courts in West Virginia and the U.S. Tax Court. His professional memberships include the West Virginia Bar Association, American Bar Association – Business Law Section, and the Energy and Mineral Law Foundation.