Nick Casey is a member of Lewis Glasser Casey & Rollins who has extensive experience in business development matters, financing, real estate leasing and acquisitions, government relations and as a lobbyist before the West Virginia legislative and executive branches regarding legislation, policies and regulations. In addition, he holds a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant.
Mr. Casey earned his J.D. from West Virginia University College of Law and a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the University of Kentucky. He is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, United States District Courts in West Virginia, United States Bankruptcy Court, United States Tax Court, United States Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals and Circuit Courts in the State of West Virginia. Mr. Casey is listed in Best Lawyers in America® in government relations.
Mr. Casey's professional experience includes:
- Acquisition and sales of hospitals, nursing homes, out-patient clinics, home-health agencies, behavior health organizations, multi-specialty groups, individual physician practices and capital companies.
- Securing passage of legislation by the West Virginia Legislature regarding tax increment and excise tax financing.
- Campaign Financial Agent or Treasurer for statewide gubernatorial races and local races including: Governor, Secretary of State, Legislature, State Court Judges, County and City Officials.
Mr. Casey's leadership positions and affiliations include:
- West Virginia Democratic Party, Past Chairman
- West Virginia State Bar Association: Past President and Current Member
- American Bar Association: Treasurer, State Delegate and Member
- Kanawha County Bar Association: Past President
- West Virginia Bar Foundation, Inc.: Past President and Past Board Member